On the magazine's website Sunday, an additional six women alleged behavior that includes sexual misconduct, harassment and retaliation. "It's very embarrassing and upsetting to have to talk about [Julie's] husband, but... we feel it's right", said Osbourne, who noted that she herself only knew the TV titan "in a superficial way". She released a brief statement: "I am taking a few days off from "The Talk" to be with my family".
"I want to say that whatever times I've had of hardship, Julie has always been there for me".
"I really hope my women colleagues who financially secure will join me in speaking out against women like Julie and the indignities imposed on his by men in this business", she concluded. A couple months ago (presumably when Ronan Farrow's first New Yorker article dropped), she was asked to give a statement of support for him. "Now, after seven more women have come out - the stories are so similar, the pattern is so similar that, for me... he's not been convinced of any crime, but obviously the man has a problem".
Sharon then suggested her own show might be on the chopping block because there's now a new regime at CBS. and not just her show - all shows. She said that Moonves, while an executive at the Lorimar production studio in the late 1980s, pushed her head into his lap and forced her to perform oral sex.
The awkward intro to The Talk had Osbourne and fellow co-host Sara Gilbert, Sheryl Underwood, and Eve separately addressing the allegations against their former boss. "I will stand by that statement today, tomorrow, forever". All women's stories matter. He reiterated that he never abused his power and said he can only surmise that the allegations "are surfacing now for the first time, decades later, as part of a concerted effort by others to destroy my name, my reputation and my career".
"I have never used my position to hinder the advancement or careers of women", he said.
On Monday, CBS's daytime chatfest "The Talk" kicked off its ninth season - but had to start on a much more serious note than anyone had anticipated.
"This is really hard", O'Donnell said during Monday's broadcast.
She went on to say she can't wait for the day where "women are equal, where these stories won't have to happen anymore". "Today we say, enough is enough and today we say we believe in you, we hear you".
In a statement from CBS, Moonves will be making a $20 million donation to one or more organizations that support the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace.
"I definitely think he should resign, and I don't think he should get $100 million to resign", said Linda Silverthorn, who accused Moonves of unwanted sexual advances in the New Yorker article. But with Moonves' departure, CBS announced that it was dropping its lawsuit against National Amusements in return for National Amusements confirming it would not seek a merger between the companies for the next two years. Last week, multiple news outlets reported that Moonves was negotiating a possible exit with independent directors of CBS' board.